• Anycubic Creative Kit
  • ColorfulRevolution
  • M7ProLaunch
  • 3DReviveCreatures
  • Suggestions for Makeronline improvement
📢Challenge Announcement: Quality Standards for Submissions
#Challenge#

Dear Creators,

At Makeronline, we are dedicated to showcasing the highest quality of printable designs. Our goal is to create a fair and inspiring environment that fosters innovation and creativity.🌟

We encourage all creators to focus on quality and innovation when submitting their designs.🎨

To maintain these standards, we are implementing a review process:

Quality Assurance: 🛡️We will conduct thorough reviews of submissions that appear to compromise quality for higher rankings or lack images of the actual printed items.

Enforcement: 🚫 Submissions that do not meet the required standards will be removed from the challenge. Additionally, the scores for these submissions will be adjusted to accurately reflect their quality.

Objective:🎯 This initiative aims to ensure that all participants compete and succeed in a fair environment, based on the merits of their designs rather than strategic uploads.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we continue to enhance the quality of our platform. Thank you for your continued commitment to excellence.

Best regards,

Makeronline Team

2024-04-25 19:44
xiaoxi355 13 xiaoxi20 zhuanfa
0/1000
emojiEmoji
picture Picture (Support JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, WEBP, single image size within 30MB)
All Comments20
Please remove all of the hueforge & signs, which I think are rather low-effort. And all of the non-multicolor models. After all, this is a MULTICOLOR contest.

Also, I posted this model, but it won't let me enter it into the challenge. https://makeronline.com/en/model/cartoony-dinosaur-model/3500.html. Please either add it into the challenge or delete it so I can repost it. Thanks :)
2024-05-03 23:46
reply 3
I'd also like to point out that it seems like a number of these guys have jumped tremendously in downloads in only a day or two, like by the hundred. I just tested it against one of my own models, and yep, I can download all of my own models and get a download count added to my score.

If you want folks to participate, at least make it difficult for people to cheat instead of letting them steal other models and download their own stuff for points.
2024-05-01 11:09
reply 2
Zammer 3D
Yeah, I have a model with 60 downloads and 2 likes, I downloaded that many times and tested it to see if it worked. Others have abused this and have hundreds of downloads. Please correct these at some point. Doesn't matter much for most of them, as they aren't in the contest, but the ones that are are cheating.
2024-05-03 23:48
reply 0
I hope you plan to check authenticity of the models too in some way, or at least pay attention to reports.

3dprintingclub is posting other creators models here as his/her own. The first three I looked at were from 3 different authors on Cults3D.

This model: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/home/earth-day-mother-nature-light-box
This authors model(s): https://cults3d.com/en/users/IXPatch/3d-models
This model: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/cute-articulated-chick-commercial-licence

This guy needs to be removed.
2024-04-29 13:29
reply 3
Tommy Gun Zammer 3D
totally agree !!!! fn great idea
2024-05-03 02:25
reply 0
Zammer 3D
Yes!! I have a feeling that some of the designers aren't actually who they say they are either. I would recommend making them prove who they are by temporarily putting something in their bio on another platform.
2024-05-03 23:49
reply 3
That's a good way of doing it; it prevents someone who modeled the Statue of Liberty from being beaten by someone who uploaded a bunch of cubes. That being said, I will up my personal standards for any future submissions.
2024-04-25 00:32
reply 2
Thank you for looking into this obvious issue. Another way to ensure quality would be to limit the amount of entries one would be able to enter into the challenge contest. This would limit designers to enter their best designs. Even if the limit is like 20 models it would keep a lot of the low quality random crap out.
2024-04-25 23:11
reply 2
I appreciate the sentiment by Makeronline here, but Isn't much of the structure of this 'contest' driving the quantity over quality approach? Am I wrong in thinking that "number of submissions" is one of the key drivers?

I have submitted one item to date (which I hoped fit the color theme), and actually was going to try and do some stuff specific for this site around the spirit of the contest, but have been kind of "turned off" a little because it seems to be a volume thing.

It's weird, as much hate as Thingiverse gets, I like it the best, and always post my stuff there, as it feels the most pure and positive to me. We'll see what happens here with Makeronline, the challenge is going to be creating some differentiation.
2024-04-25 22:41
reply 2
Hello, thank you for the post.

I have half of my uploads without printing photo, but I will make them soon.

The problem is that I dont have a printer but I will get one at the end of the week. I will be uploading photos during this and next week.

Thank you
2024-04-25 22:11
reply 2
Umplix
Tommy, you forget bullying and hate speech is not tolerated here, you'd better watch out.
On the contrary, 3DPrintedInSpain, I think you have uploaded some nice models.
2024-04-25 07:02
reply 1
If we are focusing on quality assurance, you should check the corresponding likes of the designers. It's strange that some always have the exact same number of likes and downloads. I've followed a few challenge participants (places 1-4) and it's not possible that they get likes and downloads immediately after uploading. My model appears as a recommended model on your homepage and I only have 2 likes and 9 downloads. I understand that it's very model-dependent, but it is quite noticeable. Please ensure order, otherwise people will leave the site very quickly once you stop the massive prize distributions and high premiums.

If you look into the likes, you'll find that they are created through fake accounts, and you will agree with me. I would appreciate it if you take action, as I find it very unfair regarding the 'Challenge' and various contests.
2024-04-25 21:01
reply 3
Zammer 3D 3DPrintedInSpain
Current first place is even sketchier imo
2024-05-03 23:44
reply 0
EngGraph 3DPrintedInSpain
Forgive me, but I didn't want to mention any names, so I just wrote places 1-4. I am quite sure about some, but I can't prove it. I'm pleased that you're sticking to the rules. Regards.
2024-04-25 23:08
reply 1
See all 3 response   >
I like it. I fear that you might have to ban 60% of the models. But please do me a favor and first contact the designer and give them a week to upload the 3D printing models pictures. An experienced designer can judge well with the slicer whether the part is printable or not.
2024-04-25 20:48
reply 2
I totally agree on this ♥️ Thank you for taking this approach 🤗
2024-04-25 20:38
reply 1
{{em}}

Support

Customer Support
Anycubic WIKI

Announcement

Guidelines
Campaign Guide